Christianity: Truth vs. Myth
Thirty Thousand Confused, Contentious, often Violent Denominations
Would you join or give ten percent of your income to a religion that had a history of violence and covered up the sex abuse of its clergy?
The answer is No; you have to be indoctrinated into it as a child. See Acts 5 for an example of how the Apostles dealt with corruption in their midst.
The Myth: Because the Jews rejected Jesus, God formed a “new religion” called Christianity.
The Truth: Ancient Judah was not a religion: it was a theocracy. That is a critical distinction. There is no such thing as a “biblical religion.” In addition, the ancient Jews did not reject Jesus. The Apostle John recorded that many recognized him as the Messiah:
Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man [Jesus] doeth many miracles. If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and our kingdom. John 11 :47 & 48.
Christianity is a religious pretender to the theocracy of ancient Israel. It was formed in Rome, three hundred years after the second coming of Messiah, which coincided with the destruction of the temple and fall of Jerusalem in A.D.70. There are now more than thirty thousand confused, contentious, and often violent denominations of that “religion.” They all hold a unique version of the “truth,” and tell each other that they’re wrong about God. Some of those denominations (Jehovah’s Witnesses, Catholics etc.) have edited or rewritten the Bible to justify their denominational beliefs. See the link The Bible: Truth vs. Myth on the Navigator.
Throughout its history, Christianity has been in an endless theological, and sometimes violent, conflict with Judaism, Islam, Paganism, Atheism, and the opposing denominations of Christianity. Its history includes:
- The Crusades.
- The Inquisition, which confiscated the wealth of its opponents, tortured “heretics,” and burned some alive in the name of Jesus.
- It instigated two hundred years of war between Catholics and Protestants in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Played a role in the ideological conflict between atheistic communism and the Jude-Christian west during a “Cold War” that brought humanity to the brink of nuclear destruction. That conflict left us with deteriorating stockpiles of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons that are now falling into the hands of theological terrorists.
- The Christian church supported and crowned many of the worlds dictatorial monarchs.
- For many years it covered up the sex abuse of priests.
- It caused the mass suicide of over nine hundred people at the Jim Jones Compound in Guyana, and the fiery inferno of the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas.
- Many believing Christians have allowed loved ones to die very painful death from illnesses that were easily curable, because their church leaders required them to wait for a healing.
- Some Christians have died from snake bites in ritual snake handling ceremonies, because their religion claims that believers are immune to the venom of these deadly creatures.
- There have been cases where Christian parents have killed their children, because they believed they were possessed by demons.
- Christianity’s inability to communicate with God caused many of its followers to question God’s existence, leaving them vulnerable to ideological cults and radical atheism.
- The religious concept of forgiveness of “sin” and indulgences, fostered the rampant growth of crime and immorality in Christian countries.
Christian theologians have used the Bible to make a church for everyone. Churches in the ghetto, preach that it is holy to be poor, while others teach health and wealth. Some preach Saturday worship, others Sunday. Some claim that once you are saved, you can’t be lost, even if you fall into serious sin. Others claim that, in order to be saved, you must keep the commandments and remain pure to the end. Some churches abstain from eating meats, so no meat eaters patronize that church. Others abstain from tobacco and strong drink; therefore, smokers and drinkers go elsewhere. A gambling drinker, who likes to eat meat and smokes? No problem, my local Catholic church had a five thousand dollar air filter installed in the auditorium, to remove the cigarette smoke when they hold Las Vegas nights, and B.Y.O.B. church dances. I could go on and on, celibate clergy, married clergy, women preachers, only male preachers, saved by grace, saved by works, saved by a combination of works and grace. You name it, and the theologians will find justification for it in the Bible.
God is not the Author of Confusion. 1 Co. 14:33.
Jesus was a Jew, as were all of his apostles and disciples. He did not start a new religion, he ended the earthly theocracy of ancient Israel. If you dare to know the truth about Christianity, look-up the following verses in the New Covenant I will quote one:
But he [Jesus] answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mat.15:24.
The Greek word translated “sent” in this verse, is equivalent to an ambassador being appointed as a representative to a specific country. The commission of Jesus was limited exclusively to the ancient Israelites.
Do not settle for Christian spin: interpret the following verses for yourself.
Mat. 10:23, Mat. 16:28, Mat. 24:1-3, 34 – 48, Mat. 26:64, Rom. 16:20, Rom. 5:18, 1 Cor. 15:22, I Thes. 4:13-18, 1 John 2:18, Rev. 1:1-3, 1:7, 2:16, 3:11, 11:14, 22:6, 22:7, 22:10, 22:12 and 22:20.
The following is a quote from a review posted on this website:
I have recommended www.realists.org to many. I often frequent religious chat rooms. It amazes me how closed minded people are regarding the realist movement. What amazes me more is, here is a book that tries to prove God’s existence, backs up the bible, and denounces atheism and Darwinism, and yet, “Christians” seem to run away from it. That in itself shows me why this book is so historically important, and crucial for anyone searching for the truth of God.
The ancient Pharisees (theologians) loved their positions of authority more than God and Truth! The following is a quote from the Messiah:
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
Those who are unwilling to be wrong, are too proud to be right.
False Apostles Described in Scripture:
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. 2 Cor. 11:13-15.
Grace perverters Gal. 1:6-8
Money lovers Rom.16:17,18
Christ Deniers 2:Pet. 2:1
Truth resister 2 Tim 3:8
Fable lovers 2 Tim. 4:3,4
Destitute of the Truth 1 Tim. 6:3-5
Bound by Tradition Mat. 15:9
Unstable 1 Tim 1:6,7
Cunningly deceptive Eph. 4:14
Lustful 2 Pet. 2:12-19. Many Christian, Jewish, and Muslim clerics have been found guilty of sex abuse with their parishioners, some have even sexually abused the children in their care.
Christian / Christianity
The followers of Jesus were first called Christians at Antioch, but they never used that title to identify themselves. To a Jew, being called a “Christian,” was considered a slur. Acts 11:26
The title Christian was considered an epithet by the Apostles. They compared it to being called a murderer, thief, evildoer, busybody or a Christian. 1 Pet. 4:12-19.
One Man, One God, One Truth!
We recommend that you read “The Destruction of the Temple Mat. 24,” followed by “The Rapture: Truth vs. Myth,” next.
The Awful Truth by Patrick J. Conway provides a verifiable explanation for human existence, with definitive answers on our origins, purpose, and future. Available in our Bookstore.
If you have not read the synopsis, please click on the Discovery link before leaving the website.
Christianity: Thirty Thousand Conflicting Denominations. They can’t all be right, but they can all be wrong.
We ask you to use our new social media links below to discuss this wonderful discovery with your family and friends, and send us your comments: Contact the Realists.